Wednesday, November 26, 2008

kids say the darndest things...

My second grade students have been working on "if" sentences and they wrote me a fax. They had many funny and strange. I enjoyed reading them and you will too...

(You can click on the picture to make it bigger and actually see them clearly!)

This one says:

"Christmas is coming soon. I am having a party. If you are free, please attend."

Aren't my kids sweet?!?!


This one says:

I found an interesting TV program last night. The title is "Full House"

I LOVED that show...about 10 years ago...but now it is very popular here!!



This one says:

"I played with my friends yesterday. I saw an interesting movie. Please talk to me if you can see. If you can see, please talk me."

Thank God I am not blind...


This one says:

"I played tennis yesterday. What did you do this weekend? Please tell us if you can speak Japanese. If you can speak, please tell us!"

I just liked this one because it says, "tell us if you can speak Japanese" it made me laugh.



Here, in another 2nd grade class the students were practicing IF sentences.

Question 2 asks, "What would you do if you were the prime minister of Japan?"

Student's answer: "I would have money!"



Usually teachers ignore me but sometimes I get warm welcomes. This was on the desk where I was to sit for lunch one day. On the board it also said, "Welcome Ms. Colin teacher!" I smiled at the effort to figure out my name. :)



No comments: