Thursday, November 6, 2008

i heart elementary school

My favorite place in the world is elementary school! I do not have very elementary school days but they are the ones that I live for! Elementary school is so much fun and I love the students. The students are loud and crazy but super eager to learn English. Unlike my Junior High School students, they actually want me around. We have lots of fun playing tag during recess and they love "English time." Below are some pictures from my favorite school-Kuzutsuka Higashi.


Here I am introducing myself to one of the 2nd grade classes. They were given three choices and had to figure out which one is true about me. It was a great game that got the kids moving around and I had fun teasing them!

This is all the great things I shared about me. Some of them aren't true but it is just easier to have specific hobbies and favorites. You can see my favorite animal is an elephant, food is spagehetti and I am a pro snowboarder. Family-notice the awesome and huge pictures of you!

Here I am teaching the same class about fruit after introducing myself. Notice the Minnesota flag that I am using for a pointer. We spent lots of time sticking our tongues out and practicing making the "L" sound.


I also give lessons to the teachers once every time I go to the school. Here I was teaching pronunciation and games that the teachers can play with their students when practicing English.



Just because we are grown ups doesn't mean we don't love to play games too! Here we are play Karuta. It is a race game that students and teachers alike love!



No comments: