Sunday, August 16, 2009

where everybody knows your name...

There is a local bar about a block from my apartment that we visit quiet frequently called Rugoos. They have a 1000 yen nomihodai (all you can drink for an hour and a half) so we love to enjoy our Friday nights there!

Rugoos does a birthday service where they provide a cake, a horrid English song and pop noise makers for you! I made a reservation for us and requested the birthday service. The young woman who took the reservation asked, "whose birthday is it? what name should I put on the cake?" and when I said, "It's my birthday." She responded with, "oh, so we will put "Colleen" on the cake." I was very taken back that she knew my name but felt special at the same time!

We ordered some delicious food and toasted good-bye to Laura and Sarah (who would be leaving Japan next day) and to my birthday.


After a while they brought us the birthday cake and played the birthday song.


"Happy Birthday Korin!"


Then they took a picture of all of us.


me and my cake!


Then they took the cake away and cut it for us.


And when they brought the cake pieces back they also brought
this awesome card they made for me!


No comments: