Wednesday, March 30, 2011

shakin'

As you all know, there was a large earthquake just off the east coast of Japan on March 11th. Living on the west coast we felt the quake and were shaking for days after.

At the time of the local quake I was in school and we felt a slow rocking motion. We shook for a long time…long enough that I grabbed my book because I got bored sitting under my desk!

After the quake and then tsunami there was some panic around the country. The earth didn’t really stop shaking for days and we seemed to feel half a dozen earthquakes daily. People reacted in true hording, panicked style. Here are some quick pictures I took at the grocery store.

Instant ramen…GONE! There are usually thousands of packs of ramen but they were nearly ALL sold out.

NO BREAD! I wanted to buy just a small pack of bread for us to have toast for the rest of the week but there was none!

No comments: