Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We heart MN!

Christian's first trip to the mid-west and my joyous return. We visited MN and SD for about 12 days. We arrived home and were kept busy with wedding stuff. After the business had settled, we were able to enjoy the steamy hot weather MN had to offer!

We caught up with old friends! And Christian tried walleye for the first time. Here we are out to dinner with Nicole and Aaron.


Off to SD for 2 days. At the boarder...


Leave it to Christian and I to use the most of our camera memory on a spider...

A reunion with Salsa


Beautiful spider...


Christian overjoyed to hold her...


And so happy to see one of my favorite profs and one of my Sioux Falls families...


We did lots more in SD that we just never took pictures of! I was so happy to visit again with old friends, have a BBQ and for Christian to eat Mexican for the first time!

On the way home we stopped by Pipestone National Park for a hike around the query!

The beautiful prairie...

and us...


Christian and the query...


Us at the waterfall...


and as usual...I was found at the bookstore reading the children's books


We also headed up to Taylors Falls for a hike! It was beautiful!


We found another waterfall...


Check it out...


And the best birthday present ever!! AMAZING tickets to Wicked!!


1 comment:

Sean6 said...

Colleen, it's so neat to see pictures of you and Christian back in the states and to hear about your new life together. I miss you both and I wish you the best. After I leave Japan next fall, I'll be sure to stop by and visit you both. -Sean