Thursday, October 15, 2009

cooking class!

About a month ago my new friend Caitlin introduced me to a local cooking class in the next town. I was eager to join in a learn more about Japanese cooking (and practice my Japanese!) We meet every Tuesday at 7:00 for class. The class is about 2 hours long. We meet, cook and eat together!

The meals follow a similar pattern...main dish, salad, rice, soup and dessert. It is A LOT of food and I always have leftovers to take home for dinner the next day!

Here are some of the things we created...

meal:
hamburg (Japanese style hamburger)
steamed veggies
salad that you wrap in the lettuce
soup
rice
grapes for dessert



This past weeks meal:
Salmon (foil cooked with ketchup, onions and butter...strange combo but it tasted good)
Salad (it was turnips and cucumbers!!)
soup (which tasted like chicken noodle but wasn't!)
rice (with corn in it)
apple "compost" dessert (apples that are boiled in sugar water until they are soft and whip cream on top!)

1 comment:

Sean6 said...

I hate to laugh, but I think you might have made "compote," not compost. :)