Sunday, July 12, 2009

End of May-family visit (part 6-Niigata)

Our time in Niigata was very uneventful. We arrived on Thursday night and since I only have 4 days of vacation...I had to head to work on Friday!

I brought my parents along to my elementary school for a short lessons with my 2nd graders.

My parents were warmly welcomed by a sign and comfy slippers at the door...


We had a short lesson about animals and played a few games....


After school we ended my on a short walk of the local lagoon...(pretty but windy!)


We joined Martin and Chigusa for dinner at "kappa sushi." Everyone tried lots of new things (including natto-good work family!).


And we loved watching the sushi being delivered on the Shinkansen!


lots of plates later...


On Saturday we drove down (about 2 hours south) to the prefectural museum. It was a great place!


After the museum we went to the beach to see the Sea of Japan.


On Saturday day night we had set up a tabi-nomi-hodai with some of my friends. (an all you can eat/all you can drink for 2 hours) at a yakiniku (grilled meat) place. We were brought LOTS of meat and were to grill it right there.


There were lots of fun people...


And after some WONDER food and drinks we were ready for another drink at a local bar...


(It too a handful of beers and we were all about the Japanese style peace sign in pictures!)

(Sunday was spent sleeping really late to get over the hangovers....)

No comments: